As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the year that was and have nominated four players from each position for your team of the year.
We have included players based on their club and test form, particularly their form at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
First up we have a look at the front row.
Tendai Mtawarira - South Africa
- Reclaimed his starting test jersey
- Was on top form throughout the year
- Part of a pack that lost just two scrums at the World Cup
- Starred in the World Cup final
- Won the Rugby World Cup
Mako Vunipola - England
- Won the Champions Cup and Premiership double with Saracens
- Average about 10 carries and 10 tackles per game during the 2018/19 season.
- Consistent performances for club and country throughout the year.
- Helped England reach the Rugby World Cup Final
Keita Inagaki - Japan
- Powerful scrummaging during the Rugby World Cup
- Busy around the park in all of Japan's World Cup
- One of Japan's standout performers
Joe Moody - New Zealand
- Solid in all facets for the Crusaders as they won the Super Rugby Title
- Featured in 15 out of the 19 games
- Strong for New Zealand throughout the year during the Rugby Championship and Rugby World Cup.