As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the year that was and have nominated four players from each position for your team of the year.
We have included players based on their club and test form, particularly their form at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
In case you missed them, we selected the four nominees for Loosehead prop, Hooker, tighthead prop, the no.4 lock, no.5 lock, Blindside Flanker, Openside Flanker, No.8, Scrumhalf, Flyhalf, Left Wing and Inside Centre
We move onto the second spot in the midfield:
Semi Radradra - Fiji
- Put in massive performances for Bordeaux in the Top 14
- Was sensational during the World Cup
- Made 100 running metres per game, beat 29 defenders (no other player beat more), made 8 clean breaks and scored two tries.
Lukhanyo Am - South Africa
- Helped the Sharks to the Super Rugby playoffs
- Cemented his starting role in the Springbok squad
- Was defensively brilliant as the Springboks won the Rugby Championship and World Cup
- Assisted the first try for South Africa in a World Cup Final
Jack Goodhue - New Zealand
- Helped the Crusaders win their third consecutive Super Rugby title
- Starred for the All Blacks in the Rugby Championship
- Helped the All Blacks finish third in Japan
Jonathan Davies - Wales
- Started all of Wales' Grand Slam Six Nations games.
- A crucial part of Wales' World Cup campaign
- Assisted four tries in Japan.