PRO14 Recap | Leinster continue to dominate while Connacht and Scarlets see red

PRO14 Recap | Leinster continue to dominate while Connacht and Scarlets see red

The latest round of the Guinness Pro14 produced some entertaining rugby. Most notably, Glasgow Warriors suffered a crushing defeat to Leinster and Dragons enjoyed their first ever victory over the Toyota Cheetahs. The Zebre v Ospreys and Bennetton Rugby v Ulster games have been postponed.

Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues

George Taylor scored the only try of the match in a tight contest which saw Edinburgh edge out Cardiff Blues in their clash at Murrayfield. Blues put up a spirited fight in the second half but it was not enough, allowing the home side to seal things up at 14-6.

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors

Leinster thumped Warriors 55-19 in a dominant performance at the Aviva Stadium on Friday evening. The hosts looked fit and ready from the first whistle and ran in a total of 9 tries to Warriors’ 3, Ryan Baird and Dave Kearney both scored hat-tricks, the former also receiving the man-of-the-match award for his efforts.

Munster v Scarlets

Munster continued a successful season, securing a bonus-point win over Scarlets on the weekend. Scarlets were forced to play most of the game with 14 men after Sam Lousi was given a red card early on. Gavin Coombes came off the bench and snatched a late brace of tries before the final whistle, giving the hosts a 29-10 victory.

Dragons v Cheetahs

Dragons were rampant in the second half, taking the game from the Cheetahs at the death with a Sam Davies penalty to seal the score at 13-10. It was the Dragon’s first ever win over the Bloemfontein side and their fourth home victory in a row. The Cheetahs looked to be in control at half-time with the score at 10-0 but did not anticipate such a fight back from the Dragons, their try coming from Jared Rosser with Sam Davies adding the extras.

Connacht v Southern Kings

Connacht rushed to a 14-0 lead before Peter Robb was shown a red card for a dangerous challenge. The Kings took advantage and levelled the scores with 30 minutes down on the clock. Despite their numerical disadvantage, Connacht consolidated and kicked into gear in the second half and added a further 8 points to their total before the Kings responded with another try in the 57th minute to take the score to 22-19. However, a penalty try awarded to Connacht late in the game made it 29-19, dashing any hope the kings had of victory.

Latest News