A look at the match stats ahead of round 18 of the United Rugby Championship.
- Ethan Roots has made more dominant tackles than any other URC forward (17). Roots has also won as many turnovers in the tackle as any other player (five, = James Botham)
- The Ospreys have the lowest rate of gainline success in the league (50%). However, they have the second-highest rate of dominance in both the carry (24%) and tackle (7%)
- The Ospreys have won nine more penalties at the scrum than any other team, 46 in total
- Jarrod Evans has made more miss passes than any other player in the league (51). He has also made ten break assists with his passing
- Cardiff Rugby have made the fewest entries to the opposition 22 this season (110). However, their 35% try scoring rate in the red zone is greater than the league average (33%)
- Cardiff’s favourite time to score this season has been on the eve of halftime. They have scored eight of their 47 tries between the 31st and 40th minute, their highest total in a ten-minute interval
Did You Know?
The Ospreys are on a five-match winning streak against Cardiff in the league.
The Ospreys defeated the Dragons in their last home match but haven’t registered consecutive victories in Swansea so far this season.
Cardiff have alternated between wins and losses in their last four matches. They lost to Connacht last weekend.