As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the year that was and have nominated four players from each position for your team of the year.
We have included players based on their club and test form, particularly their form at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
We move into the backs:
Faf de Klerk - South Africa
- Nominee for Premiership player of the 2018/19 season
- Helped Sale Sharks qualify for the Champions Cup
- Won the Rugby Championship with the Springboks
- Starred in the Rugby World Cup as the Springbok won the competition.
Antoine Dupont - France
- Reached the Champions Cup semi-finals with Toulouse
- Won the Top 14 title with Toulouse starring at 9 and 10.
- Stood out for France in the Six Nations and Rugby World Cup
Gareth Davies - Wales
- Won the Six Nations Grand Slam with Wales.
- Stepped up during the World Cup as Wales finished fourth
- Was one of the top performers for Wales throughout the year.
Aaron Smith - New Zealand
- Helped the Highlanders to the Super Rugby playoffs where they lost to eventual champions the Crusaders.
- Performed consistently for the All Blacks during the Rugby Championship
- Was one of the All Blacks best at the Rugby World Cup.
- Helped New Zealand finish third overall in Japan.