Munster in crucial trip to Toulouse
Munster Rugby are tasked with a trip to Pool B leaders Stade Toulousain as they look to secure their qualification for the Heineken Champions Cup knockout stage in Round 4 on Sunday.
Five-time champions Toulouse have three wins out of three, with a points difference of +53 so far this season. But Munster are coming off the back of a sound win at home, 27-23 over Northampton Saints despite Jack O’Donoghue’s early red card.
Munster have only lost one match so far in the pool stage but that was, of course, against Toulouse on the opening weekend of the competition, 18-13 at Thomond Park.
The match kicks off at 15:15 (UK & Irish time) at the Stade Ernest Wallon, and can be watched on France TV, beIN SPORTS, BT Sport, SuperSport and FloRugby.
- Missing just one shot at goal, Melvyn Jaminet was Round 3’s top points-scorer with 17.
- Emmanuel Meafou made a round-high 33 metres in contact at the weekend. He made 34 metres in total, meaning all but one of his metres gained were in contact.
- Julian Marchand won four turnovers in Round 3. No player has won more in a single match this season.
- Antoine Dupont has made more kicks (42) and more kicking metres (1,111) than any other player.
- With 11 kicks in play, Craig Casey made more kicking metres than any other player in Round 3 (375).
- Gavin Coombes is the joint-top try scorer in the competition having scored four in three matches (equal with Saracens’ Elliot Daly and Leinster’s Josh van der Flier). He has also made more tackles than any other player, with 51.
- Munster have conceded as many scrum penalties on their own feed as any other team (four, equal with Exeter Chiefs, London Irish and Vodacom Bulls).